Wednesday, August 23, 2006

ANYTHING YOU CAN DO... HAVE YOU EVER?

FIFI: Pah! Take this!

I've met many a Bore on a Bus,
And many a Crab on a Cruise,
But never a Churchmouse in Church.

Although I've routed
Rats in a Rathskeller,
Leered at Lovers in Loos,
Ferocious Ferrets on Ferries,
And translated treatises for
Transylvanian Transvestites
on Trans-Atlantic flights.

Have you ever
Bantered Bodacious BonMots with
Billionaires on Bicycles,
Wallabees in Wal-Marts,
Hermaphrodites in Home Depots,
Seafaring Scribes on Sea Schooners?

Well, I have!

Also, I've gabbed with
Garrulous Garbagepersons in Galveston
(Or shall we say, rather,
Scholarly Sanitation Savants in Savannah?).

Also...
A Lying Lexicographer on the Lusitania.
And I almost...
Accidentally Accosted An Albanian Acrobat
On the Andrea Doria...
But I missed the boat.
(Though I once had a titillating tete-a-tete-a-tete with
A Trio of Talented Trumpeters on the Titanic.)
Them days is gone forever.
Nowadays
I catalogue my cursory conversations
In quiet cogitation
And only chat
With my most amiable cat,
Edward.
Who hasn't an alliterative bone
In his Beauteous Black Body.

BIRD & BUFFALO & SPARKY: Awesome!

BIRD: Write the cheque, Momma!

BUFFALO: Arf, arf!

No comments: