Tuesday, June 05, 2007

INFERNAL QUESTIONS & THE EVER PIDDLING STREAM OF CONSCIENTIOUSNESS

BUFFALO: So many questions, so little time.

BIRD: What now?

BUFFALO: Call me Rodney, but I've never been happy, nay, I have no concept of happiness, I don't expect to be happy, I don't even WANT to be happy and as for reassessing my life - from what to what? Today, I'm here. Yesterday, I was there. Tomorrow, I'll be somewhere else. Really, dude, it's no big deal.


BIRD: Maudlin again, are we?

BUFFALO: Dude, I am THIS close to pulling my Magnum out and blowing me fecking brains out.

BIRD: Why don't you?

BUFFALO: Coz it won't solve anything, willit? Coz the bad karma will come get me over there, on the udder side of da fence. Coz say what you like, we are all more than just carbon. Coz somewhere I can be, and not in a fizzy logical sense, if ya get m'drift. Bluddy Rud Yard and his If. Not if but somewhere. Somewhere I belong. Somewhere I shall overcome. Somewhere, as Eisenstein once said - forward! Somewhere I shall be at one with the Universal Power Grid of dreams and archetypal douche bags. As Wittgenstein put it - “Uttering a word is like striking a note on the keyboard of the imagination.” Or as Olaf Dribble, the Swede that never was put it - "How many apples?"

BIRD: Bravo, El Buffters! Well spoken. But if X and Y don't get on, what hope is there for the rest of us?

BUFFALO: In the ever piddling stream of conscientiousness, hope rings but it's always the wrong number.

BIRD: Wow.

BUFFALO: The debtors are at my door, dude. Pray for me. And the Dark One is mustering her forces for one last Putsch. And we both know there is nothing worse than a failed coup d'etat. If I'm not back by this time to Myra, shake a leg, and cup yer cake, coz this ear Bovidae is a-roaming no more. Arf, arf!

AND IN OTHER NEWS:
Potty Dotty calls for democracy in Minnesota;
Sparky says no to toe jam and hello to Joe's mam;
and Walter Egoless says "I've never had id so good!"

COMING SOON:
DYLAN MAKES IMPASSIONED PLEA FOR POETRY ON YouTube. No, Really.

No comments: