Wednesday, January 31, 2007

DULCE ET DECORUM EST AKA GEMS IN THE NIGHT

FIFI: Birdy?

BIRD: Morning. What brings you from your slumber so early on the Cod?

FIFI: It’s now 3:24 and I got up to adjust my chignon and then I was hungry so I went to the fridge and found a jar of humming-bird tongues. So now I’m ready for my close-up.

BIRD: How the words tumble effortlessly from your mouth. What wit. What charm. What uncanny wisdom etched into each syllable.

FIFI: The little wisdom I've acquired in my turn on this earth could barely fill a teaspoon. Still, it's nice that you hold me in your heart, as I do you.

BIRD: And modest with it.

FIFI: Oh, to see a tear plop before the clouds obliterate us…

BIRD: More gems. Blink and you’ll miss ‘em. How do you do it?

FIFI: Psst! Those gems are only paste. I keep the real stuff in my head.

BIRD: Wow! Wait, let me get a pen, I’ve got to write this down.

FIFI: Another time, tweetie pie. I’m shivering in my nightie, and getting tireder and tireder, too tired to go to bed. But I’m goin’, else tomorrow today will be a disaster. Toodle peepers sleepers.

BIRD: Sweet dreams, dear mermaid.

WATSON: I say, Holmes, did someone mention missing gems?

HOLMES: (rolls eyes) Why do I bother? We must endeavour to meet this Fifi Lamour one day. She would appear to be a most engaging lady.

WATSON: Thoroughly unique what what what.

HOLMES: Elementary, my dear Watson. Elementary.

No comments: